Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 10 Charmin's Quest for the Oprah Audition

Many things have fallen into place for me since I started on my journey to full time coaching, training and authoring. Some things were not pleasant but actually resulted in a positive outcome. For example, my parents are my favorite people and they built their dream home in 2004 while they were both still working. Due to illness, they both ended up retired within a year of each other and could no longer afford to keep everything afloat. Their social security was not enough to sustain them so I helped them for a year but they were getting further and further behind. We eventually made the difficult decision to let the house go and have them move to GA with me. They moved here in January and it has been wonderful. Yes, it was hard for mom to lose her home but she now has peace of mind from the creditors and the stress. We all plant flowers and vegetables together and we drink protein shakes in the morning while sitting on the deck. The most powerful thing about this is that I have always dreamed and prayed about retiring my parents so that they would never have to struggle in their old age. You never know how your blessings are going to come packaged. Now that we are all together, I am caring for them and they are caring for me. It may not be quite as I had envisioned it but I have a feeling it's about to get a whole lot better. My parents and I are now in a perfect position for me to succeed and look after them at the same time. To be cont'd

No comments:

Post a Comment