Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 11 Charmin's Quest for the Oprah Audition

Well it's day 11 and we're going into a hot weekend. We only have 2 Saturdays left then I still have to try and be one of the first 500 people in line. I thought it was interesting that of the 4 cities OWN TV network chose to do live auditions, Roswell Ga was one of them. I live 20 minutes away and my friend Merrell lives in Roswell. That is not the real miracle though, you see when I was 12 years old I was living in Washington D.C and I loved to read the Essence Magazine. It was so exciting to see all the progressive black women portrayed in Atlanta Ga. At that very moment, I ran into my moms' room and professed "Mom I am going to be a successful black woman in Atlanta Ga". From then on, my mother always paid for me to have a subscription for many years after. My parents and I moved all over the country, 33 times to be exact and I knew that I would move to Atlanta one day and make my own way, my own home and my own family and I would be a success! I never deviated from that vision so wherever I was living, I deliberately did not put down roots because I was Atlanta-bound! That vision that I had at 12 years old was a direct hit from God! He lead me here to Atlanta. I lived out of my car until I found a place to live, he sent angels to care for me during that time, I met my husband John Moore (one of the angels)and started my family here. As I have said before, everything is falling into place from the age of 12 to this very day. To be cont'd.

No comments:

Post a Comment